Saint Ann’s works to give back to our communities in several ways:
- We participate in an annual project obtaining and filling backpacks for children in need to start the new school year.
- We participate in an annual Christmas stocking program for children in our communities whose Christmas might not be so merry otherwise.
- We have an essentials pantry with limited foods, cleaning, hygiene, and paper products open to anyone in need on the last Saturday of each month from 8:30-9:30am (note that dates may be different over “the holidays”).
- We partner with other local churches and Wayside Soup Kitchen in Portland to help provide a weekly community meal hosted at various locations every Thursday at 5:30pm (in general the location rotates between St Ann’s (staffed by St Ann’s or Faith Lutheran) and Windham Hill Church (staffed by Windham Hill or Our Lady’s).
- We have a strong working relationship with the Sebago Lakes Region Fuller Center for Housing where homeowners are referred for up to $5,000 in affordable home repairs done using volunteers. There is a special program where your ability to pay does not affect your project.